I took a couple weeks this December to contemplate what my 2012 goals should be. I wanted them to be realistic, but also challenging. I have 10 this year, as opposed to last years 7. And I think they are a good set!
1. More Wedding Blog Features. I had the absolute privilege to be featured several times this year, and I want to keep adding to that list!
2. Equipment. Honestly, this is what I want to have all together: Mark ii (2?), 2 580 Speedlights, 100mm Macro 2.0, 1 Tripod, 2 Light Stands, 3-4 Radio Poppers, 70-200mm 2.0, 50mm 1.2, and a partridge in a pear tree.
3. Finish decorating/accessorizing office. I still need curtain panels, canvases on the walls, and some other things.
4. Implement New Client Welcome packages.
5. Order a few wedding sample albums. (3-4?)
6. Implement Off Camera Lighting at receptions.
7. Keep updated accounting/start using ShootQ.
8. Update Workflow, and really stick to it.
9. Read Fast Track Photographer. I have had this on a list to do for 2 years. Its time to get ‘er done.
10. Create a blogging calendar. Right now I blog week by week. I think having an entire month or two mapped out will really help with my workflow and create some more consistency.
Those are all heavily business oriented. I definitely have artistic goals for next year as well, but I have learned those are harder to judge and I am the only one who knows if I am sticking to them. I will keep them close to the vest for now.
Do you have any goals so far?
Or, how about a Sock Monkey in a Christmas tree…